Important Information Regarding COVID–19
Dear referring doctors and valued patients,
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As always, your health, awareness and well-being are our top priorities. We are taking special measures to further guarantee our already stringent disinfection and sterilization guidelines throughout the current uncertainties surrounding COVID-19 to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We are also closely monitoring all the guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, ADA and the recent state of Florida mandate as they become available.
- Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more.
- Appointments will be managed to allow social distancing between patients. That may mean fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We strongly encourage that you register online prior to your appointment to avoid filling out the forms at the office.
- Please bring a mask to the office. We will provide you with a mask if you do not have one.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and encouraged upon entering our office.
- We have removed all of our wonderful reading material from the reception area.
- Body temperature, pulse rate and pulse oxymeter will be recorded for every patient.
- On a continuing basis, all clinical areas and treatment rooms are thoroughly disinfected prior to each patient visit. All surfaces are sprayed and wiped with a bactericidal/virucidal solution. Each and every dental instrument and handpiece is sterilized and kept in a sealed container until treatment is initiated. All dental products are single-use to prevent cross-contamination. During this crisis, we have taken extra measures to increase our frequent cleaning in non-essential areas as well.
- To minimize multiple individual contacts, we are asking our adult patients to respectfully not bring additional people with them to their appointments if possible.
- Our air conditioning system has recently been enhanced with a UV light system and Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner. The Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner uses a revolutionary technology that supplies our office with a cleaner, healthier environment by removing up to 99.98% of airborne particles – including those as small as .1 micron.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus. Please refer to the CDC website for the most updated list of COVID-19 travel recommendations, especially the Level 3 risk areas (click the link below for more information). https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html#travel-1
As dictated by the Governor Ron DeSantis’ most recent mandate, our elective procedures can be resumed as of May 4, 2020. We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
Dr. Marineyda Oyola and the team at Sarasota Endodontics
Florida’s COVID-19 hotline at 866.779.6121 for information about testing.
Local phone number for Sarasota County 941.861.2873
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- ADA study finds COVID-19 rate among dentists less than 1% https://www.ada.org/en/publications/ada-news/2020-archive/october/ada-study-finds-covid-19-rate-among-dentists-less-than-1-percent
- What constitutes a dental emergency? ADA_COVID19_Dental_Emergency_DDS
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.htm
- Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.